Monday, October 18, 2010

No scrapping but lots to scrap about!

Just thought I would do a little update since it has been way too long. Haven't had much time in my scrap room lately but when I do, it should be fun since there have been some big moments to scrap about.

So much for staying home and relaxing this last school holidays before we head off to Bali in 14 sleeps! We ended up having to spend a week in Perth as my sister was sick. We did manage to squeeze in a trip to a skate park and fun centre and beach, and see quite a few rellies so it wasn't all bad.


This weekend we had our local show, but of course we weren't going because of Bali being so close and because we were supposed to be camping for my mum's 60th.....BUT we did go for a short time after mum changed her party to her house since my sis is still in hospital and we didn't want to leave her by herself while we all went camping!

So this is the show. Boys had a ride each and some lucky tickets, lunch and then home. Luckily it was the smallest, boringest show yet so they were happy to save their money for Bali! I did enter some photos and scrapbooking. My cruise album won 1st in the OTP section and then Best Scrapbooking Exhibit overall. Gotta love that! I actually did better with my OTP's than lo's but that's ok.
Mum's party was awesome! The theme was "p" party as that's all anyone seemed to have when we were kids. Mum was a Persian Princess, my youngest sister and I were Playboy BunnyGirls since that's what we were back in about 1983! My big sister came as a Patient for a couple of hours! (She went to a lot of trouble to be admitted to hospital just to be a patient but I think she would have preferred to come as anything else!)
We had penguins, police (even some real ones chatting to our young boys dressed as female prostitutes!), plenty of pirates, Protestors; the PM came (she's a drunk btw! and a photo hog...oops,maybe not the real one!); Popeye, a Pensioner (complete with nappy and catheter...can't take any chance apparently!)  Everyone went to a lot of trouble..that's why it was awesome!


So like I said, lots of fun and lots to scrap....better get to it!

Oh, just remembered I haven't shared the lo's I did for the last Countrypapercraft Newsletter using the monthly kit



 

No comments: