Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Get well soon Nomes!

It would be too obvious to start yet another post with the mention of how long it's been since I blogged. Instead I will dedicate this post to my friend who is recovering from surgery, and who is the only person who keep me accountable for this blog!! She may be very surprised to see that I've been scrapping! I actually thought I may have forgotten how!! :0

Here's a couple of layouts I got done today. It was too hot to do anything but scrap (except maybe go to the beach but I was on ambo duty so couldn't really do that!)

How cute is this kid?!!?? Still embracing his curls at this point (but it is an old photo!)




This was a little bit of a challenge. My cousin dressed her twins in pink and red for Christmas. And if that wasn't hard enough to work with my mum wore the only shade of blue that I do not have ANYWHERE in my craft room!! Still, it turned out ok. I'm hoping it will grow on me. My mum likes it so much when I showed her she took it home to display at her house! I'll take that as a compliment while I work on another to keep in my album. Lol.


Found some really old photos....from my own childhood in the 80's (in case you couldn't tell by the orange tint!)  Love scrapping about my childhood. It's the closest you get to explaining it to your own kids, but still it doesn't really get close. Wish they could have experienced the kind of things we did! :(
Was having fun with some paints. Pretty much made this page and then found a photo to plonk on it (as my friend Em likes to say!) This started my paint phase today!


Had a day playing with some paints/inks/textures etc. These will all become bookmarks at some point but I really was just playing to see if I could remember how to use all this cool stuff hiding in my craft room.




Another older one. I never do dark colour backgrounds, Not sure I love it but others seem to. Maybe they're swayed by another cute kid!?!?
I've had so much fun in my craft room, I think I'll come back tomorrow! Shhhhhhh!!!! There's probably something more important I should be doing?! Though it's going to be hot again tomorrow and I am on call in the afternoon so I might HAVE to come back then!
TFL,
Rach xx

3 comments:

Gayle said...

Looking good Rach :) I think I may have totally given up on Scrapping. Just can't be bothered anymore.
Love your pages and those tags are fantastic!

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! I can't beleive you updated just for me.....You rock Rach!!!! Lovin' your work, can't wait till we can scrap together ���� thanks Nxxx

Em said...

YAY, You found some time to scrap!.....But it's been almost a month since you posted this so it's time to get on it again. :-) xx